Journal Jog Scholarship Form
Please complete the Journal Jog Scholarship Form and click "SUBMIT". You will then be prompted to either send the form through a desktop mail program (ie. MS Outlook, Mac Mail, etc.) or save the completed form to your computer first to send as an attachment through a webmail-based email (GMail, Yahoo, etc.).
You may have trouble submitting the form electronically depending on your browser, so please save the form to your desktop. Then complete the form if it's not already filled out and save your changes - but don't click "SUBMIT". Instead please send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or provide it to Race178 in one of the other ways that you may use to provide your essay response. See below.
For your essay response, you can provide that to us in a variety of ways. Mail it or hand deliver it to Race178, 331 E. Liberty Street, Reno, NV 89501. Or you can fax it to (775) 828-9258. Or you can scan it and email it to email@example.com. Thanks.
stay in the loop
Your email address is always kept confidential, and we will only use it to send you newsletters or special announcements. You may unsubscribe at any time and details on how to do this are included in every email.
Why should you sign up
for a Race178 event?
- We are an experienced and professional production company. We started putting on races in 2005 with the 1st annual Reno-Tahoe Odyssey.
- We make the effort and bear the expense of having plenty of volunteers and police and traffic control equipment so that the event is safe and well supported for the participants.
- We are all about benefiting the local community. Because we are locals. We live in Reno. We work in Reno. We have a vested interest in making the Reno-Tahoe region a better place.
- Our races showcase different parts of the Reno-Tahoe area - because we are proud of where we live and we want to show it off. Each course is customized so you see interesting landmarks and scenic locations.
- We work with local vendors and local sponsors which helps spur the local economy.
Event Line Up:
- the Reno-Tahoe Odyssey Relay Run Adventure (RTO) is our signature event. It is a 178 mile relay run around the Reno-Tahoe region. We offer two shorter relay options, the Capital and Comstock Odyssey Relays;
- the Leprechaun Race, a 5K run and walk in Reno's Midtown and Wells Avenue districts;
- the Reno 10 Miler & Relay, a 10 mile run or a 2 or 3 person relay that tours downtown Reno, the University of Nevada campus and other scenic and historic neighborhoods;
- the Journal Jog, an 8K run and walk in old southwest Reno and Reno's oldest footrace; and
- the Run with the Girls 5K, a run and walk in Bartley Ranch Regional Park.
See you soon!
Want to pay the lowest entry fee for the 2015 Leprechaun Race, Reno 10 Miler, Journal Jog and Run with the Girls 5K? Then join the club ... Club178 that is. That is one of the benefits you get from being a club member. Click here to learn more about Club178, including all the perks that you will receive.
Race178 Point Series
The Race178 Point Series involves 3 of our events: the Leprechaun Race, the Reno 10 Miler (individuals only, not relays) and the Journal Jog. This is an age group competition with specific age groups for the Point Series. The top 9 places in each age group in each event will earn points. After the Journal Jog if you finish in the top 3 of your age group for the Point Series, you score a cool pilsner glass! Click here for more details, the current standings, and past results.
For everyone who participates in the Leprechaun Race, Reno 10 Miler (individual or relay) and Journal Jog, you will earn a special piece of swag: a medal with the logos of all three of these races. We will hand out the 3-race medals at the conclusion of the Journal Jog. This is one more reason to participate in these 3 fun events.
Thanks for your interest in Race178!